When are the 7 Trumpets?
Here are some common questions about when the seven trumpets will sound.
Did the seven trumpets sound in the past?
The seven trumpets have been applied to events that occurred over the last 2,000 years. But their complete fulfillment will be in the near future.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- There is no consistency in the events that the trumpets have been applied to. In other words, there is no consensus or clear understanding of which events fulfilled which trumpets.
- The trumpets only vaguely fit the events they are being applied to. Many of the specific details mentioned in the Bible are never applied because they do not fit.
- The scene in Revelation 8:3-5 has to be taken out of context and applied to the future, while the seven trumpets that follow this scene are applied to the past.
- One of the main purposes of the trumpets is to warn and wake-up. If the trumpets occurred in the past then they really didn’t serve their purpose.
- The events in Revelation that the trumpets tie in with are in the future. For example, the final giving of the three angel’s messages, the warning against worshiping the beast.
- If the trumpets are applied to the past the language has to be interpreted very symbolically and in most cases there is no Scripture to explain what the supposed symbol means.
- The fifth trumpet dramatically fits the coming of Satan claiming to be Jesus. This is yet future.
Will the trumpets sound after the close of probation?
No. Except for trumpet seven. It will sound immediately following the close of probation.
The seven trumpets contain the partial wrath of God. His wrath is mixed with mercy. This is why the trumpets only affect 1/3 instead of 3/3.
|Trumpet 1||1/3 trees burned up|
|Trumpet 2||1/3 sea becomes blood
1/3 creatures in the sea die
1/3 ships destroyed
|Trumpet 3||1/3 rivers, springs contaminated|
|Trumpet 4||1/3 sun, moon, stars darkened|
|Trumpet 6||1/3 people killed|
After the close of probation the 7 bowls (also called the 7 last plagues) are poured out and they contain God’s wrath unmixed with mercy.
"Then I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: seven angels having the seven last plagues, for in them the wrath of God is complete." Rev. 15:1
The 7 bowls affect 3/3 - the whole - instead of only 1/3.
|Bowl 1||Fowl and loathsome sores|
|Bowl 2||Sea becomes blood
Every living creature in the sea died
|Bowl 3||Rivers and springs become blood|
|Bowl 4||Sun scorches with great heat|
The 7 trumpets occur before the close of probation and are partial in their effect. The 7 bowls occur after the close of probation and are total in their effect.
Some people believe that the censer being cast down (Rev 8:3-5) occurs at the close of probation so they reason that the trumpets must occur after the close of probation. But this is not the case.
Will the trumpets sound in the future but before the close of probation?
Yes. The final, complete fulfillment of the seven trumpets will be in the future. The first 6 trumpets will sound before the close of probation and the seventh trumpet will sound immediately following the close of probation.
Every word in the seven trumpets will have a clear, detailed, accurate fulfillment. The interpretation won’t be vague or shadowy. Common people will be able to read the seven trumpets in the Bible and see the events taking place before their eyes. The events that take place during the seven trumpets will fit in exactly with the proclamation of the three angel’s messages and the appearance of the beast.
Are Revelation 10 and 11 part of the Sixth Trumpet?
No. Revelation 10 and 11 are part of a break that occurs between the 6th and 7th trumpet. Revelation 10 and 11 present a scene that does not occur chronologically after the 6th trumpet.